Public Entertainment License

Businesses, organisations and individuals who want to provide types of entertainment may require a licence or other authorisation from a licensing authority – a local council.

According to Brighton and Hove City Council, if you are intending to provide music, singing, dancing or some type of sporting activity, you may need a public entertainment license. Licenses are normally issued for one year.

You can find out more information about public entertainment licenses at:

Temporary Lisences

You may need a temporary event notice (TEN) if you want to

  • hold a small event
  • sell alcohol
  • provide regulated entertainment

Temporary event notices allow small-scale events involving the sale and/or supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment or provision of late night refreshment to take place without the need for a full premises licence.

To find out more visit the Brighton & Hove City Council’s website