By law, you have a duty of care to protect your charity’s assets and resources. Depending on what your charity does, you can buy insurance to protect its money, property and reputation. For example:

  • insurance covering loss of funds or damage to its property and possessions
  • travel insurance for staff and volunteers if your charity operates abroad
  • insurance against fraud and dishonesty (known as fidelity insurance)
  • cover for a service you provide, such as giving advice (professional indemnity insurance)

Find out more about insurance on the website

Insurance suppliers listed by the Resource Centre

Insurance for running a creche

You may find that general insurance companies will cover running creches. They will want to know how many people you’re dealing with, how many helpers you’ve got, and the general set up. If you are running a creche, you need to make sure all of your workers are DBS – checked and OFSTED will probably want to run a regular inspection.

Further advice on running a creche from the Resource Centre